Dear Stockton Community Member,
I am writing on behalf of The Silver Lake Campers Association (SLCA) and the Stockton Family Camp located at Silver Lake. The camp has been a mainstay of Stockton’s history since 1921, hosting families and youth groups escaping the heat and bustle of the city for a fresher, more peaceful setting. Due to financial hardships in 2009, the SLCA was authorized by the City to operate and maintain the camp.
Since then, SLCA has worked diligently for 7 camp seasons to make sure the camp remained open for all to enjoy. Thanks to the tireless efforts of volunteers in the community and financial support from local business owners, the camp is back on its feet. We have a partnership with the City of Stockton, renewed our lease with the US Forest Service, and are looking forward to a successful 2017 season.
SLCA will be holding our 5th annual fundraiser on Sunday, February 26th, at the Italian Athletic Club to raise funds for the next camp season. SLCA is a non-profit organization that relies on donations of time and money to keep our camp viable. This year, our theme is “All the Comforts of Home.” Our goal is to make the camp and its ammenities comfortable for all who come to stay. From mattresses and curtains, to comfy chairs to sit in by the fire, we are striving to update and renovate our rustic cabins and common areas. This is our only fundraiser, and we need your support! Your donation is tax deductible. Your business and/or name will be featured in our dinner program as well as through marketing posts on our Facebook page and website. Here’s how you can help:
- Consider donating a themed gift basket or a gift certificate showcasing your business. Our raffle and auction items are mostly made up of local business and community partners such as yourself.
- Premium table sponsorships are available. This is a great way for you to show local support and is tax deductible (I’m buying one). We will acknowledge you as a premium sponsor on all printed materials, the website, on Facebook, and at the event.
- Do you sell and/or make unique, one-of-a-kind items? Do you offer a special service or have a talent? In years past we’ve auctioned private plane rides, time share vacations, handcrafted jewelry, artwork, and gourmet dinners prepared by local chefs. We would love to include you in our silent and live auctions!
- Purchase a ticket for the dinner and join us. Ticket cost is $40 per person. Tickets can be purchased on this website at http://www.stocktonfamilycamp.org or by contacting Mandy Ponte at 209-406-0989 or email@example.com.
- Make a one-time financial contribution through the website at http://www.stocktonfamilycamp.org/donate.
When you are ready to make a donation or if you have questions, please contact me.
Silver Lake Campers Association Board President